Now I didn’t prepare an exception speech but first of all I would like to thank Leisel from the Skill Up Skillet Blog for nominating me! If you’re a fan of food (who isn’t?) and enjoy geek and gaming related delicacies, or just geek and gaming culture itself, then THIS is the blog for you. I highly suggest you take a look.
So How Did It All Start?
‘Twas the opening weekend for Mad Max: Fury Road. I left the cinema drunk on adrenaline accompanied by a mind brimming with feelings and opinions. I regained a lust for cinema that I had lost so long ago and I knew I had to share my experience of this phenomenal piece of cinema with someone. I suggested the idea of a film critique blog to my friends and they loved the concept. Indulging over a Maccies we discussed names, In which it was parodied that it should be christened ‘Ryan Watches Films’ to co-inside with my friends blog ‘Joe Takes Photos‘. Although just a joke, it soon became the be-loved name I used to create my blog and thus ‘Ryan Watches Films’ was born, at just 5 months old we have already received 1200 views and just over 100 follows, in which I am sincerely grateful!
If you’re new to blogging and want to share your blog I suggest you use social media such as Twitter and Facebook to showcase your blog to strangers and friends, or post to forum sites such as Reddit to open up to with a wider audience. I also suggest you take part in the weekly ‘Community Pool’ threads over at The Daily Post, its a great place to receive feedback and to connect with other bloggers.
I would like to say another big thank you to Leisel from Skill up Skillet for nominating me!
My Nominations Are:
- Munch Game Reviews
- Mad Movie Ranter
- A Journey With You
- Joe Takes Photos
- Little Calico’s Journal
- The Manifesto Of Perfection
- In Love With A Twilightstar
- Irresistibly Fish
- Vertical Pancake
- An ordinary, slightly cynical pursuit of happiness
Congratulations fellow bloggers! Here are the Guidelines:
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post (right click and save, then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
- Provide a link to the award post you created
Don’t forget to like, comment and share this blog. You can follow me on twitter @watchesfilms for news, updates and 140 character criticising.